Saturday, August 8, 2009

I'm Going Home

Well...a lot has happened in my random, sometimes crazy life, this summer. I have officially quit my job, I am no longer employed and I can't even begin to tell you how great it feels to be out of that office. A huge weight has been lifted off of my shoulders, and it is making me feel like leaving and going back to focus just on school was the right choice for me. I have bought all of my books for fall semester, and even though my semester is full of nothing but Biology, Chemistry and Math..I couldn't be more excited :) And I did find health insurance by the way! Haha! The one thing about being unemployed though that is not great...no money. So I am moving back home the last weekend of August, back to my parents, my puppy dog, and my room with my pink wall :) 

It's bittersweet..my room mate, Kristen, and I have had just such a great time living together! She is the only girl that I can stand to live with, and vise versa. All of our OC nights, baking desserts, making dinner, cleaning the apartment, farmers market adventures, poking her to wake her up to go on farmers market adventures..I have loved every minute of being her roomie. Kristen called me today after her plane landed (she was in Thailand for a month) and she told me that we only have two weeks left of being roomies and she just realized it, she never cries and she is wanting to cry and this is a huge thing for her. I almost started crying because I don't want to lose an awesome roomie like her. :'( But I have to do what I need to do. Everything happens for a reason :) She will always be my roomie, and she will always be my friend and apart of my life. 

Moving back home will be great! Free room and board, free food, an A/C that actually works! It will be hard to adjust to that "Where are you going, when will you be back" questions. Those questions have not been apart of my daily routine for 15 months! But it's for the best, and it's not forever. I love my parents so much and I love just hanging out with them, they are so amazing and I couldn't ask for better parents..it's just hard to go back after not being there for that long. 

Oh, if anyone knows anyone who has a decent size trailer that I can borrow to move stuff back home, please let me know! It would be greatly appreciated! :) 

Things change whether you want them to or not, but everything always works out in the end :) 

1 comment:

Denice said...

Everything works out and happens for a reason and I know your parents will love having you back! :) Good luck with the move!!