Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Really? Seriously?

Hmm.. well this kind of sucks. So my previous plan to work at the Registrar's Office for another year did not work so well with me..so I decided to push it up to this summer. This decision was eating me alive so I told my boss, Jenn, the other day that I wanted to go back to school full time because that is the most important thing to me but that I don't want to leave this job until after commencement and until everything dies down a little. She was very extremely supportive and understood completely; she even said "hell I would do the same thing! I would quit and go get my masters degree except I have a mortgage to pay". She said she is not mad at me at all, she was just going to miss me and I had to promise to still come by and stay in touch and stuff. Pheeww!! Big weight off of my shoulders!

So I am starting to figure out all of my financial aid for this fall semester and getting my scholarships reinstated, I also asked my dad to look into getting me back on his health insurance since I won't have any after I quit. Well...he looked into it..and the policy at his work is that the "dependents are only eligible for coverage so long asthey are a full time student. Coverage must bo CONTINUOUS, meaning once they have come off the plan they are no longer an eligible dependent and cannot be reinstated." This makes things a tad bit more difficult =S

I want to say that Westminster offers health insurance for students..but I am not quite sure and I am a little afraid to ask Human Resources or anyone about the insurance stuff because that will kind of give the hint that I am planning on leaving-ya I don't want that to get out yet haha. I don't know how I will get health insurance exactly..but hopefully I will be leaving with SOME kind of health insurance..because with me, you never know when I'm going to be going to the hospital or what is going to be sending me to the hospital..weird history haha.

1 comment:

Denice said...

Jo - you may want to double check with your dad's plan. When it says "continuous" coverage, it usually means that there can't be a lapse in coverage from the old plan to the new plan. If it's a PPO plan, it should allow you to go back on if you are a qualified dependent regardless of being taken off the plan in the past. :)