Monday, November 24, 2008

Carrie Underwood Concert

So my friend Channa and I went to the Carrie Underwood concert on November 19th, and it was hands down, the best concert that I have EVER been to! We got there about an hour early because all of the country radio stations were doing drawings for free stuff and for backstage passes...and of course we enter to try and win them!
I actually ended up winning a Keith Urban Live DVD, and Toby Keith's movie Beer for my Horses, and Channa won a CD sung by this guy that we have never heard of before (it wasn't a great CD...at all)..and then we both one XXL pink K-Bull 93 t-shirts! Sadly..no backstage passes were won :( but it was ok because we had floor seats!! I was lucky enough to get floor seats, row 28 for about $68 a ticket.
So after freezing our butts off trying to win passes, we go inside to find our seats and to get pumped up for the concert! We find out seats and what I didn't realize when I bought the tickets...is that the stage actually comes out into the middle of the floor! it was a T-shaped stage, and we were about 6 seats away from the stage. . . I completely lost it! I had no idea we were going to be that close to Carrie! I could actually just walk right over to the bar and touch the stage...thats how close we were going to be!
Little Big Town was the opening band for the show, and they did a realy great job at warming the crowd up! I have never really been a huge fan of them; I just don't like their songs I guess, but it was really fun to see how close we were actually going to be to the performers!

Photobucket


When Carrie came out onto the stage...it was absolutely crazy how excited we got!! She is without a doubt the most amazing performer EVER! She is so amazing live and she is so gorgeous too! I wanted her microphone (it was pink with pink rhinestones all over it! haha) Channa and I were actually able to stand right by the bars that were by the stage! We stood there almost the whole time and I got the most incredible pictures! And of course me and a drunk girl almost got in a fight cause she was trying to shove her friends next to her, therefore shoving me out of the way...I just held me ground :) and stuck by butt out and gave them the look of "good freakin' luck moving me"!
Photobucket

Photobucket

This concert was my Christmas present to Channa! She is my country buddy and we have always said that the two people we want to see in concert are Taylor Swift and Carrie Underwood :) So I gave her Carrie Underwood for Christmas! haha! It was also her "goodbye and be safe" present because the day after the concert, she was flying back home to Texas for the Thanksgiving break and I wouldn't be able to see her until the break was over :'(

Photobucket

I would seriously drive to another state to see Carrie in concert again; it was so much fun and she was just great at keeping everyone on their toes and excited! Anyone who is a country fan..I HIGHLY recommend you attend one of her concerts!!

1 comment:

Denice said...

I can't believe how close you were...I hear she is amazing live so I'm glad you enjoyed it so much! :)